Waiting On Wednesday || One of Us is Lying

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. The aim is to let everyone know what book or books you are anticipating this week!

One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Series: One of us is lying #1 
Published on: May 30th 2017 
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Contemporary

Synopsis
Pay close attention and you might solve this.
On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention. Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule.  Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess.  Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing.  Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher.  And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app. Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom.

 Before the end of detention Simon's dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates, which makes all four of them suspects in his murder. Or are they the perfect patsies for a killer who’s still on the loose? Everyone has secrets, right? What really matters is how far you would go to protect them.

Well, doesn't the synopsis for this book sound interesting. I've had my eye on this for a long time, so when I saw it on netgalley I requested it immediately. I couldn't believe I was approved for it and I've been dying to read it, but I wanted to wait until it was closer to the publication date. It's coming out on May 30th so I'll be picking this up very soon and writing a review for it!

22 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! This does super good and interesting! At first it almost reminded me of the Breakfast Club. Can't wait to hear how you like it! I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR :D

    Amber @ Escape Life in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of the breakfast club as well! It's part of the reason I took attention to it because I love that film (classic 80's gold)!

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing this book and I'm really intrigued. I'd love to read your thoughts on this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound so interesting! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh great choice! I have been seeing this book around and been quite curious about it, but I think I'll wait to read a couple of reviews before picking it up. I really love the cover as well :) Hope you'll enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw a few people mention it in anticipated releases so I jumped at the chance to get it on netgalley. I hope it turns out good!

      Delete
  4. This does sound really interesting! Also, your graphic is gorgeous!!����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so excited to read it! I just hope it doesn't let me down. Aw, thank you <3

      Delete
  5. Great choice! I had this as my WoW a couple of weeks ago and am still just so excited about it. I'll look forward to reading your review once you've read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it, I hope it ends up impressing me!<3

      Delete
  6. This is one of my most anticipated books as well, so hopefully it ends up being as good as it sounds and we both enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it around for so long, I can't wait to finally read it. I hope we both enjoy it as well! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  7. I am SO looking forward to this. Sounds freakin awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right :O! I love a good mystery and this just sounds incredible!

      Delete
  8. I've seen the cover for this one floating around a lot but this is the first time I've read the blurb. I am officially intrigued. Definitely adding this one to my TBR. Great pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so eye catching to me. I'd seen this around for so long before I requested it on netgalley so I was so excited when I got approved and now I'm so excited to finally read it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. It definitely is. Congrats on getting approved for it through NetGalley. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your review. :D

      Delete
  9. This one sounds so good! The synopsis has me so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the mystery of it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. WOAH this sounds so good. It wasn't on my radar before but now it definitely is. It's kind of like Breakfast Club + And Then They Were None. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it sounded like the breakfast club as well which is what interested me initially! I love that film! I don't think I know what 'and then they were none' is though? A film as well? I hope it ends up being a good read! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I couldn't hold off on reading this one, I was too excited I had to read it right away! I had to write my review and schedule it for closer to the publication date. I loved it and I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete