April Wrap Up

So it's that time again, the time where I freak out about how quickly this year is going by. I can't quite believe we're almost into May. I mean, when did that even happen...




So this month has been a little chaotic. I had 3 exams and an assignment due in at university so I was scrambling to get that done and then I have my main (really important, not stressful at all) exams in May, so I've been trying to cram in as much revision as I possibly can there as well. So needless to say, my blog took a back seat for a while. I really truly missed it though, which is why I decided to try and post twice a week instead of 3 while my exams are going on. I don't want to put pressure on myself so I'm probably going to be super erratic in May, sorry in advance I guess....

I also moved back home from university this month so that's been interesting. It is so strange moving back in with my mum after I've lived on my own and been able to do things when I wanted. I do miss the freedom a lot, but I also love being back in my hometown with my friends and family.


1) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - ⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑
2) Countless by Karen Gregory ⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒


4) The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis -  ⭑⭑⭑⭑
5) The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin ⭑⭑⭑
6) Windfall by Jennifer E.Smith ⭑⭑⭑⭑(Review here)


Overall I think I've had a pretty good reading month. I've had two 5 star ratings which is amazing, and nothing less than 3 stars. I finished the Mara Dyer trilogy and while it was good I really do think it could of been a duology easily. Not a lot happened in the second and third book so I feel like they could have just been meshed together to make a great duology. I was left feeling kind of disappointed by it.

 Since I didn't do a March wrap up and I because I haven't posted a lot this month I'm going to include posts from March and April here.


Even though I haven't been blogging much I still somehow managed to read 6 books, which I'm pretty happy with. I read 3 ARC review copies, so go me for smashing that TBR. How was your reading month? Link your wrap up in the comments and I'll take a look!

P.s - I just installed disqus comments onto my blog and the comments that were already on here have for some reason been deleted, so if you commented and it's not here please comment again!

2 comments

  1. I read Upside this month too and it was such a well written and enjoyable book! THUG is also so fantastic and I plan on reading Windfall very soon! Sounds like you had a great reading month Kirsty!

    xx Anisha @ Sprinkled Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such a lovely reading month, Kirsty! I can't wait to read THUG, Windfall and The Upside, glad you liked them! <3

    ReplyDelete